2019 National Costumers Association Conference
July 18-21, 2019 | Crowne Plaza Downtown Kansas City
For more information on becoming a sponsor please click here.
Get ready for great education, networking, and ALL THAT JAZZ at the 2019 NCA Conference!
|Full Conference Registration||Early Bird Now – 2/1 (must be paid in full by 2/1).||Standard 2/2 – 6/1 (must be paid in full by 6/1).||Onsite|
|One Day Registration (Friday or Saturday)|
View the schedule online here.
- AIRBRUSHING – Everything you always wanted to know about airbrushing and the different types of makeup, but were afraid to ask. – RJ Haddy, former finalist on Season 2 FaceOff
- FROM WORKROOM TO RETAIL – Add uniqueness to your shop! Learn to build small, unusual items to sell in your store, that take 30 minutes or less to complete. – Debbie Meredith, Akron Design and Costume
- BRINGING IMAGINATION TO LIFE – Do you miss the good old days of dressing up? THEN….COSPLAY, COSPLAY AND MORE COSPLAY
- MASCOT RESTORATION – Learn the restoration, repair and cleaning techniques for your mascots. – Dale Morton, Dale Morton Studios
- PATTERN MAKING AND DRAPING – Learn or re-educate yourself in the art of cutting, draping and pattern making. – Vincent Scassellati, Kansas City Costume Co.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – How to look outside the box and explore new avenues. –Tyson Murphy, A to Z Theatrical Shop
- CHANGE YOUR STORE DISPLAYS? WHY??? – How to create an attractive, clean store that is inviting for customers. Remember it’s all about the customer’s experience. – The Illusive Skull Costume Castle
- UP UP AND AWAY – Learn basic balloon art and the ease of upselling balloons in your store. – Marion Bradley, NCA President and owner of Discount Costumes
- MAKING A NOVICE MAKEUP ARTIST LOOK LIKE A PRO – The world of 3 D Tinsley Transfers.
- GRAB BAG MAKEUP FORUM – What do you know about the makeup you sell? Come and learn the versatile uses for the different makeup products you sell. – Panel discussion with Gene Flaherty, Pam Markel and other guests.
New this year – NCA is offering a payment plan for the conference. Here is how it works: Go online and register for the conference. Select ‘Pay Later’ to generate an invoice. You will then call the NCA office to make monthly payment 303-339-0750 or mail checks to PO Box 3406, Englewood, CO 80155. Your registration(s) MUST be paid in full by June 1.
CONFERENCE CANCELLATION POLICY
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the National Costumers Association. Refund requests received by Monday, June 3 will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee. Refunds received from June 4 through July 1 will receive a 50% refund minus a $25 administrative fee. There are no refunds after July 1 or for no-shows. Refunds will be processed 30 days after the event. If you are unable to attend and have someone to replace you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.